Oztrack Performance LS Engine Camshaft Information
Oztrack has a range of camshafts to suit the LS range of engines.
Some we have manufactured to our own design specifications and others we source from suppliers pre-designed. These cams when installed with quality PAC springs and moly pushrods makes for a great performance package. A camshaft upgrade is a very effective performance upgrade.
Our cams have more modern lobe shape than many of the competitors cams.
They often perform better than far lumpier cams from competitors. Our biggest cams are unbeatable in performance.
- FE - Best fuel economy and towing, idles stock. The is the best of our cams for low down torque. It is a giant killer in performance though, a customers LS1 Statesman has run 12.7/111mph and made 279 rwkw with it. It also is able to cruise Newcastle to Sydney often recording in the low 9L/100km range
- LSV - Best all round cam and our most popular for LS1. Good gains right through the range and idles far calmer than the bigger cams but is still choppy. LSV is a slightly calmer newer version of the Stealth II.
- HPA/HP2- low 230s cam, lumpier and more up high power by a small margin over the LSV calmer than the GT. Biggest recommended cam in Automatics.
- GT - high 230s cam, lumpy, great spread of power gains up high but still decent at low rpm, good driveability for a big cam. Has a best in an LS1 with stock heads of 315 rwkw
LS3 & L98 (L76* & L77*) *= require afm hardware removal
- LSV - Good gains right through the range and idles far calmer than the bigger cams but is still choppy. Solid gains from low in the rpm range. Brilliant supercharger cam.
The LSV is a new evolution of our STV/Stealth II.
- HPA/HP2- low 230s cam, lumpier and more up high power by a small margin over the LSV, calmer than the HPS. Good in 6L/6.2L Automatics.
- HPS - high 230s cam, lumpy, great spread of power gains up high but still decent at low rpm, good driveability for a big cam. Has a best in an 6L with stock heads of 365 rwkw, many cars over 340 rwkw.
We also have available camshafts that suit stroker and forced induction applications.
See more info at www.oztrack.com.au
Our cam upgrade packages include high quality PAC springs, Lifters, Lifter guides head gaskets, head bolts and moly pushrods. Installed and Custom Tuned they are currently from $4750. We also post cam & lifter upgrade kits all over Australia starting at $3250. Get more info about CAM UPGRADES HERE