Oztrack LS Performance Camshaft Information
Some we have manufactured to our own design specifications and others we source from suppliers pre-designed. These cams when installed with quality PAC springs and moly pushrods makes for a great performance package. A camshaft upgrade is a very effective performance upgrade.
Our cams have more modern lobe shape than many of the competitors cams.
They often perform better than far lumpier cams from competitors. Our biggest cams are hard to beat in performance.
- FE – Best fuel economy and towing, idles stock. The is the best of our cams for low down torque. It is a giant killer in performance though, a customers LS1 Statesman has run 12.7/111mph and made 279 rwkw with it. It also is able to cruise Newcastle to Sydney often recording in the low 9L/100km range
- LSV – Best all round cam and our most popular for LS1. Good gains right through the range and idles far calmer than the bigger cams but is still choppy. LSV is a slightly calmer newer version of the Stealth II.
- /HP3/HP9- low 230s cam, lumpier and more up high power over the LSV calmer than the GT. Biggest recommended cam in Automatics.
- GT – high 230s cam, lumpy, a great spread of power gains up high but still decent at low rpm, good driveability for a big cam. Has a best in an LS1 with stock heads of 315 rwkw.
LS3 & L98 (L76* & L77*) *= require afm hardware removal
- LSV – Good gains right through the range and idles far calmer than the bigger cams but is still choppy. Solid gains from low in the rpm range. Brilliant supercharger cam.
The LSV is a new evolution of our STV/Stealth II.
- HP3/HP9- low 230s cam, lumpier and more up high power than the LSV, calmer than the HPS. Good in 6L/6.2L Automatics.
- HPS – high 230s cam, lumpy, a great spread of power gains up high but still decent at low rpm, good driveability for a big cam. Has a best in a 6L with stock heads of 365 rwkw, many cars over 340 rwkw.
We also have available camshafts that suit stroker and forced induction applications.
We have recently compiled our averages of the best 10 dyno score on the dyno we use for a range of our combinations. This is summarized below:
Dyno Rankings 6/6.2L (Top 10 March 2022)
- Bush = Rocker Bush Kit
- Bal = 25% underdrive balancer kit
- HIG = Higgins CNC Ported Heads
- OZEX = Our exhaust 3BM is 3″ bimodal
- LS3 Bush Bal OZEXBMDPE 342rwkw
- LS3 Hig Bush Bal OZEX3BM 338rwkw
- LS3 Hig Bush Bal OZEX3BM 333rwkw
- L77 OZHeaders Xforce 2.5 Bush 324rwkw
- L98 Bush OZEX 322rwkw
- L98 Bush Bal OZEX 316rwkw
- L77 Bush Bal 312rwkw
- L77 Bush Bal OZEX 312rwkw
- L77 Bush OZEX 311rwkw
- LS3 engine build 311rwkw
- LS3 HP3 HIG Bush Bal OZh Hurric 353rwkw
- LS3 HP9 OZEX3BM 351rwkw
- LS3 HP9 Hig OZEX3BM 351rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush OZEX3BM 350rwkw
- L98 HP9 Bush Bal 349rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush Bal 345rwkw
- L77 HP9 Bush Bal 344wkw
- LS3 HPA Bush Bal OZEX3BM 344rwkw
- L98 HPA Bush Bal 343rwkw
- LS3 HP9 Hig Bush Bal OZ380BM 343rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush Bal 360rwkw
- LS3 HP9 Bush Bal OZEX3BM 357rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush OZEX3BM 353rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush Bal OZEX3BM 347rwkw
- L98 HPA Bush Bal 346rwkw
- L77 HP3 Bush Bal OZEX engine build 345rwkw
- LS3 HP3 Bush OZEX3BM 344rwkw
- L77 HP9 Bush Bal Hig 344rwkw
- L98 HP9 Bush Bal 343rwkw
- L98 HP3 342rwkw
- LS3 LSV Bal engine build 338rwkw
- LS3 Bush Bal OZEX3BM 369rwkw
- LS3 Bush Bal OZEX3BM 363rwkw
- LS3 A6 Bush Bal Hig OZEX3BM 361rwkw
- LS3 Bush Bal HIG OZEX3BM 360rwkw
- L98 Bush Bal OZEX3 355rwkw
- L98 Bush Bal OZEX3351rwkw
- L77 Bush Bal OZEX3 350rwkw
- L77 Hig Bush OZEX 348rwkw
- L98 A6 Bush 344rwkw
- L98 HPS Bush 343rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 372wrwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 369rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 368rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 367rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 366rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 366rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal OZEX3BM 365rwkw
- LS3 HIG Bush Bal 364rwkw
- L77 HIG Bush Bal 363rwkw
- L98 HIG Bush Bal 360rwkw
Our cam upgrade packages include high-quality PAC springs, LS7 Lifters, Lifter guides head gaskets, head bolts, and moly pushrods. Installed and Custom Tuned they are currently from $4850. We also post cam & lifter upgrade kits all over Australia starting at $3250. Get more info about CAM UPGRADES HERE